Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Building a Diverse, Equitable and Inclusive Culture
At Reliance Matrix, we believe:
- Creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture allows us to realize more of our potential and gives us a competitive advantage.
- Our ability to collaborate, solve complex problems, and innovate into the future is stronger when we can leverage the collective intelligence of all our team members.
We want everyone to have an opportunity to fully participate and contribute. Our team members feel their opinions are relevant and what they have to say is heard. We create an environment that allows us to tap into individual experiences, opinions, and worldviews. Doing so gives us more understanding and connectivity to the customers we serve.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) Vision & Mission, and Strategic Priorities
We are a place where team members, leaders, and stakeholders reflect and connect with the diverse customers and communities we serve. Everyone is valued and encouraged to be their true and authentic selves.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and to fostering a culture of belonging for our team members, customers, and the communities we serve. We will create a work environment where every team member has an opportunity to reach their full potential in an open, safe, and supportive environment. At Reliance Matrix, we embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our business.
Our DE&I strategy focuses on four key priorities:
- Our Workforce: We will design an equitable experience for diverse talent at all levels. We will achieve this through consistent and inclusive talent acquisition and talent management processes.
- Our Workplace: We will weave DE&I into the fabric of our workplace culture, for team members at every level. We will achieve this by ensuring all Reliance Matrix team members find acceptance, learn the value of DE&I, and engage in forums that bring diverse groups of team members together to make their voices heard.
- Consistent & Transparent Communication: We strive for consistent and transparent communication of our DE&I progress. We will ensure our DE&I communications contribute to a culture that values differences, respect, and authenticity.
- Our DE&I Impact as a Carrier & Service Provider: We will consider Reliance Matrix’s DE&I impact as a carrier and service provider, and the role we play in advancing DE&I in the marketplace.
Our DE&I Council
We created the DE&I Council to bring together perspectives from across the enterprise. The council is comprised of senior leadership and employees representing diverse backgrounds and roles.
President and CEO Chris Fazzini serves as Executive Champion for the council. Thea Valero, Director of Diversity, Engagement & Inclusion, is chairing the council and leading the DE&I work across the enterprise in partnership with Robin Harris, Chief Human Resources Officer.
The DE&I Council created a display to recognize Juneteenth in the Philadelphia home office.
Team members celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month.
Our Employee Resource Group (ERG) Program
The mission of the Reliance Matrix Employee Resource Group (ERG) Program is to be a strategic partner with the enterprise to promote a culture that values the contributions of all team members, provides equal opportunity for professional development and career advancement, and drives the enterprise’s vision, mission, values and strategic direction.
Our inaugural Women’s ERG demonstrates how the program is a valuable mechanism to:
- Build a culture that fosters innovation
- Promotes team members’ access to strategic business and leadership opportunities
- Establish programs and activities aligned with the mission of the enterprise
- Promotion team members’ professional development and growth
- Recommend innovative concepts and unique solutions to challenges faced by the enterprise
We are excited to continue to partner with our team members to expand our ERG program into the future!
Tokio Marine Group Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is one of the cornerstones of the Tokio Marine Group’s sustainable growth strategy. Learn more about how the Tokio Marine Group is Developing and Utilizing Diverse Human Resources.